Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Introduction

"Seven times a day do I praise thee, because of thy righteous judgments." Psalm 119:164


Five years ago these words inspired me to take up the disciple of praying the Divine Office and I could think of no more fitting words to name this blog.

My primary goal is to discuss the rubrics of the Monastic Diurnal (MD) as published by Lancelot-Andrewes Press and to publish weekly Ordos for its use. One Ordo will follow the Kalendar exactly as it appears in the MD itself and the other will follow the Ordo of the Antiochian Western Rite Vicariate (AWRV) as best as I can.

Secondarily, I plan also to write other Office related posts such as reviews of office books, reflections, how-tos, etc. 

I should note that I am not an expert. I'm not a scholar. I'm an amateur who loves to pray the Divine Office and who loves to geek out on rubrics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment